Saturday, December 14, 2013

That one big decision

Wonder how many of us are so used to earning a decent salary that we usually forget what we really want to do. I was one of them a month ago. Away from my home, alone in Mumbai with a few good friends around, my life was moving on. I was so busy with my job routine that I actually forgot to even notice if I was living and enjoying my life or just surviving for the heck of my salary.
And then came this day, where out of the blue, I decided to quit. Yes, initially I was scared. I never had to work, like out of compulsion to support my family. I did it just because I loved working, out of my passion to learn and not sit at home. But 4 years of work and slogging made me a slave. My passion was long lost and everything I did professionally as well as personally confronted me with one question "Why am I doing this to me?"
I tried a lot to make things work. I started freelance writing, I learnt basic of nail art, I also decided to pursue my MA through distant learning. But none of this made sense until I finally left Mumbai and came home.
One and half month, and I am still figuring out what to do and I do not regret my decision because this no salary phase actually makes me desperate to start something of my own soon, a long lost dream of mine. All of sudden I feel burden free, I feel like I have overcome my fear, a fear of underperformance, a fear of losing my job.
I am happy that this one big decision will finally help me figure out and pursue what I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment